Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Finding Rare Railroad Items


Many great places to look are right near your home. Some can be found on the internet. Online auctions. Ebay. Craigs list. I like to go to Estate Auctions and dig threw boxes being auctioned or ones i have bought. One great find is when i bid on a Online Auction "Govdeals.com" and bought a whole basement full of boxes full of paperwork and manuals . I had to take alot of junk but it was worth it. I came of with alot of Historic items from the "Union Station in St. Louis". Kept alot but sold some on Ebay.

Another idea i picked up is talking with my neighbors as i walk the neighborhood and mention i like Train items and many times i get great leads thru yard sales they have or they invite me in to buy items.

This is just some of the ways i use to help in my collection of Railfan collecting .

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZdurbinsstuffQQhtZ-1


No comments:

Post a Comment